Vegan Festivals UK first ever vegan festival was in July 2014.
2. The first ever vegan festivals UK was held in Newcastle upon Tyne which was the first ever vegan festival to be held in Newcastle upon Tyne.
3. This event is ran single handedly by 24 year old Louise who started running vegan festivals when she was 19 whilst at university.
4. Louise’s family – mam, dad, younger brother and partner help out at events with stallholders unloading, and welcoming customers. You may also get a little smile from one year old baby mason.
5. The festival is now ran out of 5 locations around the UK and counting.
6.We have just won a national P.E.A awards. (People, Environment, Achievement)
7. We were shortlisted for a local award for our Newcastle event – Made in Tyne & Wear Awards.
8.We have received a lot of acknowledgement from celebrities ( See home page of veganfestival.co.uk for quotes) we have also had a lot of celebrities attend our events from Emmerdale’s Roxy Shahidi and Heather Mills.
9.We were the first large scale vegan event to be held in Scotland. (Edinburgh)
10.Festival organiser Louise ran the two day Edinburgh event in 2016 whilst being 11 days overdue her baby.